In my carb-eating days, veggie sushi rolls have been one among my favourite issues to eat. There’s one thing concerning the mixture of cucumber, avocado and nori that’s simply magical. Eating a grain-free, vegan keto weight-reduction plan could make discovering sushi a bit more difficult. While many locations supply rice-free rolls, now, it’s not tremendous widespread. I additionally discover that consuming sushi on the go could be a little little bit of a problem, so I made a decision to make this vegan keto sushi bowl, which packs all the flavors of sushi into an easily-transportable dish.
As an added bonus, every part will be made properly upfront and even assembled an evening or two forward of time. I prefer to portion out every part into lunch containers initially of the week, after which add within the avocado the day of (although actually, I simply toss a complete avocado into my bag and messily mush it into the sushi bowl at lunch time).
This is a kind of recipes that works very well for leftovers, and for these of us who at all times have a container of cooked cauli-rice on the prepared. It’s actually extra of a components or a template than it’s a strict recipe, as you possibly can actually use no matter elements you’d prefer to approximate your favourite veggie sushi rolls. Pretty a lot any leftover veggies will work right here, so for those who’re attempting to wash out your fridge, you’re in luck!
Notes on Making This Vegan Keto Sushi Bowl
- I used this do-it-yourself seaweed salad recipe, however you may additionally use a retailer purchased one!
- I snagged the Toona on Thrive Market, nevertheless it’s additionally accessible at Whole Foods.
- Instead of the Toona, you may use tofu (this hemp tofu will preserve issues soy-free!).
- For a enjoyable twist, you may additionally sub the Toona for some do-it-yourself vegan keto “lox.”
- As talked about above, this can be a nice template into which you’ll be able to plug your favourite veg sushi elements!
- Other veggie options: bell peppers, asparagus, carrots, zucchini or summer season squash
- The diet data offered is for the recipe and toppings as written. Keep that in thoughts for those who change something up!
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary data, totally different manufacturers and sorts of elements can have various nutrient content material, so your calculations might not be precisely the identical as mine!
This tremendous easy low carb vegan sushi bowl is a filling and nutrient-dense strategy to fulfill that sushi craving!
- half of cup (85g) cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 serving (26g) seaweed salad (both do-it-yourself, or whichever you favor)
- 1/four cup (25g) cucumber slices/cubes
- 1/three can (56g) Vegan Toona or protein of selection (tofu, edamame, and many others)
- 1/four of an avocado, sliced (about 34g)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- a sprinkling of micro greens
- Combine all elements right into a bowl, prime and revel in!
I discovered the vegan Toona on Thrive Market, nevertheless it’s additionally accessible at Whole Foods Market! Instead of the mock tuna, you may additionally use leftover grilled/baked/fried tofu and even edamame. It’s actually as much as you!