Bibimbap, which roughly interprets to “mixed vegetables,” is a Korean dish involving rice, combined veggies, typically meat and gochujang sauce. This sort of goes with out saying, however this vegan keto bibimbap right here isn’t conventional in in the slightest degree. It is, nevertheless, a scrumptious ode to this dish that’s gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, coconut-free, low-carb, keto-friendly and may be made soy-free surprisingly simply. While there are various iterations of bibimbap (additionally bibimbop) on the web, this specific low carb vegan model consists of the next:
- cauliflower rice
- air-fried tofu
- shiitake mushrooms
- sesame seeds
- do-it-yourself gochujang
Much just like the vegan keto sushi bowl I posted a bit in the past, this recipe is extra of a formulation than an actual recipe. If you don’t like a number of the elements, you don’t have to make use of these ones. Similarly, it’s one other smart way to make use of up a few of these leftover veggies you’ll have mendacity across the fridge. I additionally advocate conserving frozen veggies available for issues like this, as a result of they prepare dinner up so shortly and are so handy.
Looking on the elements, and the diet details, chances are you’ll be questioning why I made a decision to spend so many carbs on one comparatively low-calorie dish. I’m an enormous fan of consuming veggies and really feel just like the carbs we eat from veggies are “worth it,” so to talk. This is very true when contemplating issues just like the shiitake mushrooms. Yes, mushrooms are a bit of bit greater on the carb scale, however in addition they include vitamin B5, which may be particularly tough to acquire for these of us on a vegan keto food plan.
Notes on Making Gluten-free Vegan Keto Bibimbap
- If you wish to make this soy-free, I like to recommend utilizing this hemp tofu recipe as an alternative of standard tofu.
- To get the tofu tremendous crispy, I air-fried it for 20 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
- As famous above, industrial obtainable gochujang is loaded with sugar and isn’t actually keto-friendly, so I made my very own keto gochujang!
- Other veggie options: snow peas, bell peppers, carrots, inexperienced beans, bok choy, cabbage, cooked greens
- I’m a easy woman, and identical to the gochujang stirred in by itself, however you can gussy it up by making a sauce with 1 tbsp gochujang, 1 tbsp sesame seed oil, 1 tbsp low-sodium tamari and 1 tbsp water all whisked collectively.
- The dietary info is predicated off of the weights of the veggies. The volumes are shut approximations, obtained from sticking the weighed veggies in a measuring cup.
- Bear in thoughts that completely different elements and types may have completely different dietary values, so your calculations might differ.
- If you utilize a industrial gochujang, this might be a lot, a lot greater in carbs (8g greater, more than likely), so bear that in thoughts in the event you don’t wish to go the do-it-yourself route!
Vegan Keto Bibimbap (gluten-free, soy-free possibility)
An simple, scrumptious and spicy gluten free and low carb dinner recipe!
- 1 cup (100g) cooked cauliflower rice
- three.5oz (100g) baked or air-fried tofu
- 1/2 cup (75g) cooked broccoli
- 1/eight cup (20g) cooked shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp low-carb gochujang
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- chopped scallions for garnish
- If wanted, reheat the greens and cauliflower rice on the range high and bake or air-fry the tofu till crispy (20 minutes within the air fryer or 30 minutes within the oven at 350F/177C). Combine all veggies and tofu collectively in a bowl, stir in gochujang and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Alternatively, organize veggies and tofu in a visually pleasing approach, high with gochujang, sesame seeds and scallions, take photos after which combine and eat… 😉
Volumetric measurements are approximate. Nutrition is predicated off of the ingredient weights.