Just since you’re following a keto weight loss program doesn’t imply it’s important to hand over your favourite childhood snack. These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are CHEWY and gooey identical to those your mother used to bake after faculty. Indulge in a freshly baked chunk of nostalgia for only one.7g web carbs per chocolate chip cookie.
Follow the recipe video under or proceed studying to learn to make the most effective keto chocolate chip cookies ever. If you’re already able to conquer keto baking, take our Keto Baking Course and obtain our Keto Baking Cheat Sheet. Making chocolate chip cookies keto has by no means been really easy!
Picking a Low Carb/ Keto Chocolate Chip
You can’t make chocolate chip cookies keto with out sugar free chocolate. There are many manufacturers on-line that make keto chocolate chips. If you search keto chocolate chip on amazon you’ll discover lots of. However, now we have particular requirements when choosing a chocolate chip for our keto cookies. It have to be sugar free made with both erythritol, stevia, monk fruit, or allulose. Anything with maltitol sends us off working.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
When we search keto chocolate chip, we at all times select the Lily’s model for it’s high quality elements and scrumptious taste. They use a mix of stevia and erythritol, two top quality sweeteners good for a keto weight loss program.
Almond Vs. Coconut Flour
There are two major flours usually utilized in a keto recipe, coconut or almond. For the unique simple to make keto cookie recipe we used almond flour. We simply discovered it to offer probably the most related texture to regular cookies, whereas nonetheless protecting taste on this recipe conventional.
If you’re nut free or simply favor coconut flour we do have a model under for nut free keto cookies. While that recipe requires just a few extra elements, it’s equally nearly as good. Both flours are keto and gluten free so they’ll make a scrumptious recipe both approach!
Making Chocolate Cookies Sugar Free
The most necessary factor so as to make sugar free chocolate chip cookies is that you just choose a low carb sweetener. We’re going to breakdown every thing you want to find out about sugar free sweeteners, however if you’d like extra data on particular keto sweeteners try our weblog publish for the Best Sugar Substitutions on Keto.
Picking a Keto Sweetener
The sweetener you select depends upon what sort of cookie you’re making an attempt to realize.
- Erythritol– This goes to be some of the inexpensive sugar free sweeteners that’s nonetheless top quality. It is rather less candy than sugar, however there are manufacturers corresponding to Swerve that make a 1:1 sugar alternative with erythritol.
- Stevia– Liquid stevia is the opposite sugar free sweetener you will note us use most frequently. It gives a extremely concentrated candy drop that isn’t a sugar alcohol. We advocate you employ it along side erythritol in keto recipes.
- Allulose– Allulose is a more moderen keto sweetener you’ll see in keto dessert recipes. It is rather less candy than sugar, however has no influence on the physique’s blood glucose which is its major promoting level. It is a bit more costly than the others, and additionally makes for a softer keto cookie recipes than the others.
- Brown Sugar Swerve– If you’re on the lookout for a keto brown sugar to make your low carb cookie style like the unique, this will probably be your greatest guess. Brown Sugar Swerve is 100% keto and helps to make this cookie style just like the a chocolate chip cookie recipe you keep in mind rising up.
Depending on the sweetener you employ you might want so as to add just a little extra or rather less to get the correct sweetness ratios. Check out our sweeteners information to search out the proper ratio for you.
If you want a sweeter chocolate chip cookie be at liberty so as to add just a little further sweetness with stevia or erythritol. We additionally get pleasure from mixing some stevia and some brown sugar substitute (instead of erythritol) in these cookies for a candy and chewy cookie recipe that has the unique cookie’s toffee notes.
Health Benefits to Keto Cookies
I’m certain you’re questioning what advantages there are to a dessert recipe, properly my good friend you’ve come to the correct place.
This recipe makes use of “flour” comprised of almonds, which suggests you’re primarily consuming floor up almonds. Almonds are wealthy in vitamin E in addition to fiber that may assist to maintain you full and nourish your hair, pores and skin, and nails (1).
Almonds have additionally been identified to assist handle blood sugar due to their excessive fiber rely and low glycemic index. One examine even confirmed consuming a handful of almonds earlier than a carb heavy meal brought about a 30% discount in publish meal glucose ranges for sort two diabetes sufferers (2).
While erythritol doesn’t actually give any well being advantages, it does take away from the damaging results of regular cookies. Normal cookies use sugar, aka a blood sugar bomb. Sugar is a 65 on the glycemic index versus erythritol which is zero. This signifies that in contrast to common sugar, erythritol is not going to elevate your blood sugar inflicting a crash later.
The extra sugar you devour the extra your pancreas has to work to pump insulin so as to deliver your blood sugar again down(Three). That is why making a easy sub of erythritol for sugar is tremendous useful in your well being when choosing a dessert recipe.
There are tons extra advantages to consuming keto and selecting this simple to make dessert recipe, however these are just some.
Carbs in Keto Cookies
While we did make chocolate chip cookies low carb, we all know the burning query is how low carb are they actually. For every serving (1 Cookie): Calories- 130, Fat- 12.5g, Protein- 3g, and Carbs… ONLY 1.7 web carbs per cookie! They have 5 grams of complete carbs minus the three.3g of fiber for a complete of only one.7 web carbs.
This nice recipe can actually slot in your low carb weight loss program with ease. Next time you make the recipe ensure to drag out an ice cream scoop. Why? Because you’ll have so many carbs left you possibly can even make in ice cream cookie sandwich!
There’s nothing higher than a contemporary, heat, chewy chocolate chip cookie dipped in milk, or is there?… No matter how you are taking your cookies you’ll want a top quality beverage to get pleasure from them with. We have quite a lot of drinks on our weblog however a few of our favorites are:
- Bulletproof Coffee– A keto favourite, the standard bulletproof espresso. The bitter notes of espresso pair superbly with this candy chocolaty cookie.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk– A real traditional, milk and cookies. We love unsweetened cashewmilk, however discover almond milk to be probably the most simply accessible. The most necessary factor is that no matter nut milk you select is unsweetened.
- Keto Dessert Tea– A vanilla tea blended with butter or coconut oil and stevia. This tea is creamy, decadent, and good for the non espresso drinkers.
- Dairy Free Macadamia Coffee– A creamy espresso that’s 100% dairy free and made with REAL macadamia nuts.
- Keto Hot Chocolate– Who doesn’t love sizzling cocoa? Rich darkish chocolate in sizzling cocoa pairs properly with the nice and cozy chocolate chips in these cookies.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Many keto chocolate chip cookies are too crunchy for our liking. We favor chewy cookies. Don’t get us fallacious, we love our crunchy maple macadamia nut cookies and Nutter Butters, however there’s one thing so indulgent about delicate and chewy chocolate chip cookies. So let’s breakdown tips on how to make the most effective keto cookies:
Ingredients for Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
This easy recipe doesn’t require any loopy kitchen devices or absurd elements, however should you’re low in almond flour and erythritol then head to the grocery retailer with our Keto Shopping List and fill up on some keto baking necessities.
For the dry elements you’ll need Almond Flour, Erythritol, Baking powder, our SECRET INGREDIENT, and Low-Carb Chocolate Chips. Almond flour goes to be the bottom for this recipe and mixed with the opposite dry elements like erythritol for sweetness and baking powder for rise. For this recipe, we selected to not use coconut flour and solely to make use of almond flour. Almond flour gives a pleasant nutty taste whereas nonetheless being impartial. Almond flour can be gluten free so those that are gluten delicate don’t have to fret.
For the moist elements you’ll want butter or coconut oil. (Note: coconut oil will give a little bit of a distinct taste), an egg, and vanilla extract. We selected to not use liquid stevia on this recipe, however when you’ve got a candy tooth be at liberty so as to add a pair drops of liquid stevia to make the cookies sweeter.
What is the Secret Ingredient?
After talking to our good friend Deana, the founding father of Good Dee’s baking mixes, we realized beef gelatin powder is her secret keto baking ingredient. Beef or pork gelatin powder provides cookies and different keto baked items a chewy texture, and you’ll be able to simply discover it at your native grocery retailer or on-line.
Plus gelatin is gluten free and sugar free so no keto considerations there. Most keto cookie recipes don’t use gelatin, however we expect it’s undoubtedly essential to make the most effective keto chocolate chip cookies.
Making the Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Like any good cookie recipe, begin by preheating your oven to 350 levels F. Next line two cookie sheets or a big baking sheet. We like to make use of a silicon mat for lining, however parchment paper will work simply as properly.
Next, you’re going to mix the dry elements in a small mixing bowl, ensuring there aren’t any clumps within the almond flour. By protecting the moist and dry mixtures separate(four), you guarantee every thing is evenly included. Mix collectively the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and beef gelatin then set it apart.
Create the Wet Mixture
A fast observe on butter: We like to make use of unsalted butter for baking recipes then add pink Himalayan salt when wanted. Salted butter can probably make your cookie recipe a tad too salty.
Begin by melting the butter on the range or within the microwave. Now mix the vanilla, egg, and melted butter to a mixing bowl. Whisk the moist elements till they’re all clean and properly mixed.
Pro Tip! Be cautious when including a uncooked egg to melted butter. If the butter is just too sizzling, it can prepare dinner the egg and that may smash the cookie dough. To keep away from cooking the egg, permit the butter to chill off for a couple of minutes BEFORE combining.
Combine Dry and Wet Mixtures
In two components, add the dry combination to the moist combination. Combine utilizing a whisk or mixing spoon. The dough will come collectively just like the cookie dough that you’re used to, not runny or lumpy.
Want Edible Keto Cookie Dough?
If you like to eat keto chocolate chip cookie dough, fairly than bake it into keto chocolate chip cookies, then you definately’re in luck. We have a Keto Cookie Dough recipe that’s excessive in fats and solely 1g web carbs per cookie dough serving. These tasty cookie dough bites are a fantastic dessert or fats bomb snack.
Fold within the Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Using a spatula or spoon, fold within the low-carb chocolate chips. We love sugar free chocolate chips just like the darkish chocolate or milk chocolate chips from Lilys. When searching for chocolate chips, search for manufacturers sweetened with stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit. Avoid manufacturers that use maltitol as a sweetener or IMO fiber, since these will improve blood sugar and hinder ketosis.
We used these Lily’s Baking Chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia and erythritol. For extra information, learn our full Guide to Keto Sweeteners.
Bake Until Golden Brown
Using a cookie scooper or a spoon, scoop the cookies onto your ready cookie sheet. The recipe will yield 16-20 low carb cookies relying on the scale of your cookies. Bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown on prime. Then let the chocolate chip cookies cool for 20 minutes earlier than consuming.
We understand it’s tough, belief me, however should you choose up these cookies too early they’re certain to interrupt. Like most keto recipes fabricated from almond flour, they want time. Sometimes so as to make the most effective low carb cookies you want to make sacrifices.
TIP: If you don’t have Lily’s chocolate chips at dwelling, you need to use chopped up 100% cocoa Baker’s Chocolate and liquid stevia (30 drops) to exchange the chocolate chips in these keto cookies!
How to Make Nut-Free Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
With just some substitutions, you may make this recipe with coconut flour as a substitute of almond flour. We love the recipe with almond flour, however know not everybody can eat nuts, and even likes almond flour within the first place. To make these low carb chocolate chip cookies collect the next elements:
- 5 tbsp Butter- You can sub this ingredient for coconut oil, nevertheless it adjustments the flavour so we really feel the most effective low carb/ keto cookies are made with butter.
- 1 massive Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract- Vanilla extract ought to by no means be skipped in a keto cookie’s recipe. It is a simple keto approach so as to add in a ton of additional taste to your cookies.
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese- Net carb counts on cream cheese have a tendency to alter quite a bit primarily based on model. Try and discover the bottom carb cream cheese you’ll be able to, or at the least one with only a few elements.
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream- Heavy cream in contrast to milk could be very keto pleasant. We advocate natural dairy when attainable for the most effective taste, however it isn’t crucial.
- 6 tbsp Coconut flour– A low carb/ keto substitution for nut primarily based flours, coconut flour will present construction to those keto cookies.
- half cup erythritol– This goes to be our sugar substitute. Erythritol is a keto pleasant sweetener that we use quite a bit in keto recipes. You may do half brown sugar swerve and half common erythritol for extra depth in taste.
- 1 tbsp beef gelatin powder- The secret ingredient to those cookies. Beef gelatin is keto pleasant and provides that further chewy texture.
- 1 tsp Baking powder- This will give the cookies just a little rise to allow them to broaden and be just a little fluffy inside.
- 1/four cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips– If you’re on the lookout for a low carb/ keto chocolate chip Lily’s chocolate chips have you ever coated. They are sugar free, keto pleasant, and have a brilliant low web carb rely.
Putting Together Nut-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now that you’ve got all of your elements collectively it’s time to work on these nut free keto chocolate chip cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the butter and cream cheese in a big bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, till delicate. Whisk collectively till uniform. Now add the eggs, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, erythritol, beef gelatin powder and baking powder. In two batches add the dry to the moist as you mix.
- Once the dough has come collectively fold in your sugar free chocolate chip of alternative. Using a cookie scooper or a spoon, make 10-12 cookies on the parchment paper. The dough is not going to unfold within the oven so flatten out the cookies to the specified measurement you prefer to them.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or till golden brown. Allow them to chill for at the least 20 minute earlier than dealing with. Enjoy!
Nutrition information: Serving measurement 1 cookie (Nut and Gluten Free): 8g fats, 1.4g protein, four.2g carbs, 2.1g fiber, 2.1g web carbs.
These cookies are so good you’ll want you had leftovers. Better but, simply ensure the following time you make keto chocolate chip cookies there’s a double batch within the oven. To retailer these low carb chocolate chip cookies place them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 12 days.
Tips for the Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’re not sure what you are able to do to make these cookies good each time, learn our listing of the most effective suggestions for keto chocolate chip cookies.
Sweet and Salty
The greatest baked items have some aspect of sweetness and some aspect of saltiness. We love utilizing massive flakey sea salt to prime our cookies making certain there’s a candy and salty combo in each chunk.
Scrape Down the Bowl
Whenever you’re mixing something be sure you’re scraping down the perimeters of your bowl. Almond flour and baking powder are likely to shift to the perimeters which may end up in uneven baking and rising. A superb rule of thumb is to scrape down the perimeters of your bowl in-between each 2-Three elements you add.
Use the Right Almond Flour
Almond flour on this case does matter, so don’t confuse flour for meal. Almond meal has a a lot bigger grain measurement and could cause these cookies to bake incorrectly. Stick to almond flour (ideally blanched and finely floor).
Need More Keto Desserts?
We have a model new recipe eBook with 30+ Keto Dessert recipes, from pies and desserts, to loaves and muffins. All of that are sugar and gluten free! Or head over to our weblog the place now we have all kinds of desserts to fulfill your cravings. Interested in additional almond flour baking? We have an array of recipes made with totally different low carb baking elements. From brownies to cheesecake, all the best way to low carb ice cream we’ve obtained you coated with tons of scrumptious recipes.
The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Whether or not you want cookies low carb, we extremely recommend you make these keto chocolate chip cookies in your subsequent get-together (or evening in…) so you’ll be able to share the scrumptious love. Plus with solely 20 minutes complete time you’ll be consuming this chocolate chip cookie recipe earlier than it.
Big shoutout to Deana at Gooddees Baking Mixes for permitting this nice recipe to be attainable! She launched us to absolutely the crucial, secret ingredient of beef gelatin to make the proper chewy cookie! Check out her mixes – they’re the most effective keto baking mixes available on the market!
Recipe could be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies”
CHEWY Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
The final chewy keto chocolate chip cookie recipe. Don’t neglect the key ingredient that makes these cookies chewy!
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 16 cookies
Calories per serving 130kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Preheat your oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine the almond flour, beef gelatin, erythritol and baking powder in a small bowl and put aside.
In a big bowl mix the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract utilizing a whisk. In two batches add the dry elements to the moist and mix till uniform.
Fold within the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scooper or spoon scoop out 16-20 cookies onto your baking sheets, relying in your cookie measurement desire!
Bake the cookies at 350 for 15 minutes or till golden brown on the highest. Allow to chill for at the least 20 minutes previous to consuming! Enjoy!
CHEWY Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.