I’ve by no means met an individual who doesn’t love blueberry muffins. That’s why we created these Low Carb Muffins utilizing contemporary blueberries! Matt is a die onerous Otis Spunkmeyer fan, whereas I are likely to favor the scrumptious Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin. While our loyalties are divided, we each agree, it’s time to create a keto muffin recipe to as soon as once more take pleasure in our favourite breakfast pastry.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals checklist and new recipes each week!
Are Blueberry Muffins Easy to Make?
While regular blueberry muffins have a number of steps comparable to getting ready moist and dry substances, our keto blueberry muffins are tremendous easy and prepared in below an hour. This recipe is gluten free as a result of we use almond flour. Thankfully meaning the batter can’t be overworked like regular gluten flours. This permits us to skip the separating step and as a substitute of getting dry substances AND moist substances, we solely need to soiled one bowl.
Blueberries on Keto?
I’m certain the burning query for many individuals is, “Are blueberries keto? ” Technically blueberries moderately are keto pleasant. These keto blueberry muffins are refined sugar free and solely 4g whole carbs/ 3g web carbs per muffin. Too many blueberries aren’t keto as they’ve a better quantity of sugar and energy than most berries. However this recipe is just utilizing a number of in every muffin so the carbs are low sufficient that they nonetheless match inside keto macros.
Benefits to Blueberries
Blueberries have tons of well being advantages comparable to excessive ranges of antioxidants and potassium. They are additionally wealthy in vitamin C and phytoflavinoids (compounds which defend and defend our our bodies from stress) (1). Blueberries have additionally been recognized to assist with lowering irritation in addition to combating diseases. Their defensive properties towards sickness is due to the excessive ranges of vitamin C they comprise.
These keto blueberry muffins aren’t solely good for a low carb life-style, but additionally for safeguarding your physique from sickness. With that in thoughts, it’s protected to say you may eat a pair keto blueberry muffins a day to maintain the medical doctors away!
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
If you’re able to discover ways to make the proper keto blueberry muffins, i’ve acquired you coated. We’re going to interrupt down the most effective substances like almond flour, sugar free sweeteners, and extra. As effectively as stroll you thru step-by-step in making the most effective refined sugar free keto blueberry muffins.
There are a number of instruments we advocate to make the most effective muffin recipes. Here is what we used for this recipe and what we advocate you will have available:
Muffin Tin: A muffin tin or muffin pan as some name it, is crucial to this recipe. Without a high quality muffin pan these wouldn’t bake or take away correctly.
Hand Mixer: While not important, we strongly advocate buying a hand mixer. We use our hand mixer extra usually than a stand mixer, and this one particularly permits for simple compact storage of all of the attachments and cords.
The greatest treats are made with the most effective substances, and our keto recipes at all times prioritize high quality.
- 1 cup almond flour– Almond flour is among the greatest gluten free keto flours in the marketplace. Since almond flour is fabricated from solely almonds, it has a beautiful nutty high quality completely different ingredient comparable to coconut flour couldn’t deliver to the desk. Coconut flour can also be extremely absorbent so you can’t sub almond flour for coconut flour on this keto recipe.
- 2 tsp baking powder– Baking powder is completely different than baking soda so you’ll want to be sure to’re utilizing the right leavener for this recipe.
- 1/four cup butter, melted– Butter brings moisture to this muffin recipe so that they keep moist and flavorful for days. If you’re dairy free, coconut oil would work instead of the butter on this recipe. Just know coconut oil doesn’t have a standard muffin style and might be somewhat extra coco-nutty in taste than butter.
- 2 tbsp almond milk- You can use any kind of milk substitute comparable to coconut, macadamia, cashew, and even flax milk. If you don’t have any milk substitutes you’re welcome to make use of heavy cream however know it should change the macros.
- 2 massive eggs- We discovered 1 to be too few and three massive eggs to be too many. Two was the proper in-between!
- 1/four cup erythritol– Erythritol is one among our important sugar free sweeteners of selection. It is keto pleasant and works completely to deliver a lightweight sweetness to those low carb/ keto blueberry muffins.
- 20 drops liquid stevia– Stevia is one other pure sugar free sweetener that’s recognized for being very concentrated. We love a mixture of erythritol and stevia as a result of we discover them to enrich one another in sweetness, whereas additionally stopping any digestive misery that sugar alcohols can deliver.
- 70 grams contemporary blueberries- We at all times go contemporary at any time when attainable with these muffins. While you should utilize frozen blueberries, we don’t advocate it. Frozen blueberries may have a good quantity of extra water. This water might make the batter too moist and never capable of bake evenly. If you do select to make use of frozen blueberries ensure to allow them to defrost and drain any extra liquid earlier than including them to the batter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– Just a little vanilla extract goes a good distance so don’t depart it out!
- 1/four tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Believe it or not, salt really brings out the sweetness in baked items and is advisable in not solely keto baking, however all baking.
Now that you’ve your substances able to go we are able to start baking the keto blueberry muffins. Follow together with the following pointers and instructions to have your muffins come out good each time.
- To start, grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups and preheat your oven to 350 levels F- If you intend on making muffins in a muffin liner, use paper cups as they stick lower than the aluminum ones. If you do use aluminum you’ll want to grease these as effectively.
- In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave, ensure to go in 20-30 second intervals so the butter doesn’t get too sizzling and pop within the microwave.
- Now add within the remaining substances, minus the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video)- Make certain the almond flour has no clumps, and the vanilla extract & baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Once mixed, you may gently fold within the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins in a muffin tin, after which bake for 22-25 minutes. You’ll know the muffins are finished when a toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with. If you take away them too early they’ll stick with the tin and wrappers, or crumble and collapse.
- The greatest keto blueberry muffins needs to be saved in a zipper prime bag or air tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
How to Store Low Carb Muffins
Be certain to retailer these within the fridge. They might be good for 7-10 days out of the fridge. With just about all keto recipes you need to retailer them within the fridge as a result of their excessive moisture content material in comparison with conventional pastries and baked items. Freezing these just isn’t the most effective concept as a result of you’ll lose the delicate muffin texture when frozen.
If anybody in your loved ones is a muffin lover otherwise you’re in search of a terrific seize and go snack/ meal then it is best to make these simple keto muffins for meal prep! These low carb muffins will remind you of your favourite blueberry muffins you used to eat pre-keto. So do your self a favor and go make them!
Tips for Making Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Our most well-liked approach to make these could be in bulk on a Sunday morning. Not solely will you will have a mid-day Sunday snack or put up dinner dessert able to dig into, however you’ll have a seize and go breakfast or snack for the complete week!
Almond Flour vs Coconut Flour
For this recipe we’re going with almond flour because it higher compliments the blueberry taste and leads to a standard muffin texture. Coconut flour received’t have the identical impact and isn’t an appropriate substitute for almond flour on this recipe.
Pro Tip: The extra finely floor the almond flour you employ, the higher outcomes you’ll have with this recipe. Using almond meal, or a extra coarsely floor almond flour means your low carb muffins received’t be fairly as fluffy.
Use Fresh Blueberries
Nothing compares to a blueberry muffin made with contemporary blueberries which can be in season. Blueberry season is from April to October within the United States. If you intend on making these muffins exterior of these months, it’s most likely greatest to get berries that have been picked and frozen throughout blueberry season. Just ensure the berries are at room temperature and any extra liquid is eliminated earlier than including to the muffin batter.
Use Almond Milk or Heavy Cream
A little bit of further liquid is known as for on this recipe, and we like to make use of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream. If you don’t have both of these then any sort of milk various will work. This might be coconut milk, flax milk, cashew milk or macadamia nut milk. If you’re not sure about your batter attempt to examine it to the thickness we obtain within the recipe video on the prime of this weblog put up.
Dip Muffins in Erythritol
This creates the basic sugar topping that most individuals count on from a blueberry muffin. Use granular erythritol to realize this impact in a keto pleasant style. If you’re new to keto baking then learn up on our put up about keto sweeteners and that are essentially the most appropriate for a ketogenic food plan.
Pro Tip: Allow the muffins to chill for Three-5 minutes earlier than dipping them within the erythritol topping. This will deliver the muffins to the proper temperature for the erythritol to stay with out dissolving!
Change Up the Flavor of Your Keto Muffins
You can take two of those to work with a pair tablespoons of butter and have a desk snack that everybody might be jealous of. Change up the flavors and have assorted muffins for the complete household. My favorites could be:
- Cinnamon Swirl (warmed up with some butter)- Try including 1-2 tsp of cinnamon to half the batter. Using equal elements swirl the plain and cinnamon batters collectively earlier than baking.
- Pecan Pie- Instead of normal butter use browned butter and blend in chopped up pecans
- Lemon Poppy Seed (utilizing lemon juice and zest together with poppy seeds) or you can also make those we now have on our meals weblog already!
I’m Muff’in Without Recipes!
Looking for extra scrumptious muffin recipes? All our muffins are gluten free and low in web carbs. Keto blueberry muffins are at all times successful however attempt our:
- Keto Pecan Muffins– Like a pecan pie these muffins are nutty and spiced. Plus they’re sugar free keto muffins that work completely as a candy deal with or as a breakfast on the go.
- Low Carb Chocolate Muffins– A wealthy chocolate muffin that takes the keto food plan to a different stage. Who knew chocolate muffins that style identical to the little bites rising up might be so good!
- Keto Macro Muffins– These are by far the most effective keto muffins in a macro sense. They aren’t solely scrumptious, but additionally nutritious! Sugar free keto pleasant muffins that truly match completely into keto objectives.
- Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Muffins– A lovey tackle a savory muffin. This muffin is filled with fats and protein to make a satiating meal alternative on the go.
If you’re keen on testing new recipes give these a attempt! We’re certain you’ll love no less than one, if not ALL of those tasty low carb recipes that match completely on a keto food plan.
Easy Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe!
Sometimes you’re simply hankering for a blueberry muffin, however don’t have the endurance or time to whip up a batch of those scrumptious low carb muffins. In that occasion, we’ve acquired you coated with our low carb blueberry mug cake recipe! It takes lower than two minutes to make and can completely fulfill your muffin cravings! In case you didn’t know Matthew and I are mug cake aficionados. We make mug muffins on a regular basis and we’ve even included six by no means earlier than seen mug cake recipes in The Fat Bomb Bible!
Recipe might be shortly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Blueberry Muffins”
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Moist muffins full of candy blueberries and baked to perfection.
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings eight muffins
Calories per serving 154kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups (and grease these if not suing parchment paper cups) and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave.
Add within the remaining substances, apart from the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video).
Gently fold in your contemporary blueberries.
Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with.
Best saved in a zipper prime bag or air tight container within the fridge as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
Net Carbs: 3g
Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.