Low carb vegan mushroom burgers are one thing that’s been on my “to do” listing for a protracted whereas. I actually like the flavour and texture of a pleasant, grain-based mushroom burger, however not a lot the carbs and their results. So, I figured it was time so as to add a vegan keto mushroom burger to my recipe catalog. If you comply with me on instagram, that this went by means of many, many iterations over the previous few weeks, however I’m so excited to lastly discovered the proper ratio to make a scrumptious and keto-friendly burger.
You guys make a whole lot of requests for the ingredient content material of those recipes, and I attempt to hear and make every part as accessible as attainable to these with dietary wants. So, with that in thoughts, this high-protein, low carb, vegan mushroom burger accommodates:
- no soy
- no flax
- no coconut
- no nuts
- no oils
- no psyllium
- no gluten (none of my recipes have gluten!)
Whew, that’s fairly a listing. Instead of any of these substances, this burger is easy and consists of depends on simply seven issues, together with seasoning:
- chia seeds
- pea protein powder
- smoked salt
You might discover that there’s no oil listed above and that the instructions name for the mushrooms to be cooked in a pan, with out oil. If you’ve got a nonstick skillet, you could not want so as to add something, however I like so as to add a splash of water rather than the place oil can be. When I used to be a Healthy Eating Specialist at a pretty-well-known pure grocery retailer, we used to do that for any veggies that wanted cooking and referred to as it “water sauteing.” You mainly prepare dinner no matter meals you’ll usually prepare dinner in oil, in just a bit little bit of water.
Use coupon code MEATFREEKETO15 for 15% of all full dimension merchandise!
What to Expect From Low Carb Vegan Mushroom Burgers
Do they style like a Beyond Burger or an Impossible Burger? Nope! That’s a challenge for a unique day. These burgers are extra alongside the traces of a typical grain-based veggie burger you may discover within the freezer part of your grocery retailer, however with out the carbs or grains.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Mushroom Burgers
- This recipe doubles actually properly.
- The pink stuff on the burger in these footage is vegan keto beet hummus. I additionally added sauerkraut, broccoli sprouts and made the wrap from lettuce from my backyard!
- If you don’t like pea protein powder, or don’t have any available, you might use whichever plain, plant-based protein powder you want finest.
- Soy/chickpea/lupin flour will also be subbed in for the protein powder in a 1:1 ratio.
- If you need a barely much less agency burger, 1-2 tbsp of pea protein powder ought to do the trick. For a firmer burger, Three-Four tbsp will work. I discovered Four tbsp to be a bit too agency, and 1 tbsp to be just a little delicate, so the 2-Three vary is the “Goldilocks zone” for me, however to every their very own.
- While I used smoked sea salt and dried rosemary right here, you might use no matter salt/seasoning mix you favor. Truffle salt and rosemary or parsley can be very nice right here.
- While I try to offer correct dietary info, please needless to say totally different manufacturers and number of substances have differing dietary values, so your calculations might differ.
Low Carb Vegan Mushroom Burgers (gluten-free, soy-free, high-protein)
These protein-rich mushroom burgers are scrumptious, savory and an ideal low-carb dinner!
- 8oz (~225g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/Four cup (60g) tahini
- 1 tbsp floor chia seeds
- 1/Four – half of tsp salt (I used smoked sea salt)
- 1/eight – 1/Four tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/Four tsp floor dried rosemary (or your seasoning of alternative – cumin and paprika can be pretty right here)
- 2-Three tbsp unflavored pea protein (or protein powder of alternative)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a big skillet, prepare dinner mushrooms on medium-low warmth till they’re utterly delicate. Be positive to stir them incessantly.
- Let cool for a bit, drain off extra liquid and roughly chop up mushrooms both by hand or in a meals processor or blender (see photos beneath for what this could seem like).
- Stir the tahini, chia seeds, salt, pepper and rosemary in with the chopped mushrooms till every part is completely mixed.
- Let this combination stand for about 5 minutes, so the chia can take in extra moisture and the combination thickens.
- Stir within the protein powder till it is utterly absorbed, beginning with simply two tablespoons and including the third a teaspoon at a time. You don’t desire the combination to be dry, so cease including the protein powder if it would not combine in completely.
- Form into three equal patties, about 4in (10cm) throughout and 1/2in (~1cm) thick. Place the patties on the baking sheet (no want to fret an excessive amount of about spacing) and bake for 20-25 minutes, till agency. You can flip them after 15 minutes, however it’s not completely vital.
- Remove the patties from the oven, let cool for a couple of minutes and luxuriate in!
Start off with simply 2 tbsp of the protein powder. If the dough remains to be sticky, proceed so as to add in 1 tsp at a time till the dough is comparatively “dry” wanting, however no crumbles of powder seem. In all of the checks I did, this was often about 2.5-Three tbsp, generally much less, generally extra. Nutrition information is for the three tbsp.