This simple keto strawberry smoothie is easy to make and tastes scrumptious with each recent or frozen strawberries. It has a creamy avocado base and a wealthy strawberry taste that makes for a scrumptious and fast meal choice.
Protein Shake or Keto Shake?
A standard false impression is that keto is excessive protein and excessive fats. Keto is low carb and reasonable protein, so we needed to verify we made a smoothie recipe which match these macros. Instead of utilizing a ton of excessive protein substances, we selected to make use of excessive fats ones like avocado. Avocado is wealthy in soluble fiber making it an effective way to get each macronutrients and micronutrients(1). Soluble fiber has additionally been identified to assist with digestion and blood sugar regulation to scale back the chance of diabetes (2).
If you wish to have extra protein in your keto strawberry smoothie to make it filling as a meal substitute, that’s useful too. Check out our record beneath to search out some top quality protein choices which might be simple keto additions to this strawberry smoothie recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Protein might help to make a extra satiating shake and is certainly really useful for smoothies which might be getting used as a meal substitute. Some simple keto protein additions are:
- Protein Powder– Protein powder is the proper simple keto approach to make a smoothie with almond milk extra filling and satiating. There is a wide range of protein powder flavors that vary from vanilla ice cream to cinnamon toast crunch! Just ensure that whichever protein powder you select is low carb and keto pleasant.
- Greek Yogurt– Greek yogurt is strained yogurt selection leaving primarily simply protein behind. That makes it a fantastic low carb addition to this smoothie recipe, as a result of it bumps up the protein and creaminess issue. Check that the yogurt you select is low in sugar and carbs. Most dairy free keto yogurts might be made with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk and never have that a lot protein. Therefore, protein powder might be the best choice on a dairy free keto weight loss plan.
- Powdered Almond Butter– A vegetarian pleasant protein supply for this keto strawberry smoothie recipe could be powdered almond butter. It’s creamy and nutty with 5 grams of protein for 2 tablespoons (four web carbs).
Fresh or Frozen Berries
Making a strawberry smoothie keto wasn’t too troublesome as a result of fortunately most berries are already low carb. However, a typical query we get about our smoothie recipes is whether or not or not the berries need to be frozen. You’ll be glad to know that this keto strawberry smoothie does NOT require frozen berries! With any keto smoothie frozen berries are very best, however not 100% needed. The web carbs received’t change solely the feel will. Frozen berries are inclined to make a extra sorbet ice cream like texture, whereas the recent berries will make a thinner smoothie. The smoothie texture is absolutely as much as desire, however no must stress about having a strawberry pint frozen up to have the ability to make this recipe.
Can I Use Mixed Berries?
The wonderful thing about keto recipes particularly smoothies, is that almost all substances are fairly interchangeable. We wouldn’t advocate skipping the avocado for that creaminess, however altering a strawberry base to blended berry one is a simple swap!
Keto Milk Options
Searching for the very best keto milk choice to put in your strawberry smoothie? We have fairly a number of wholesome keto choices you’ll be able to attempt in our keto milk alternate options weblog put up. In fast abstract although, a number of the greatest low carb milk alternate options are:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk- Insure that the almond milk you purchase is sugar free to be able to be keto pleasant. Almond milk is often very simple to search out in lots of grocery shops in each the fridge isle and common isles.
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk- Sometimes cashew milk may be tricker to search out, however is commonly within the refrigerated part. It’s dairy free and low in each carbs and energy so you’ll be able to get pleasure from it in lots of keto recipes.
- Half and Half- This choice does have dairy and may add up in carbs when consumed in excessive quantities. It’s referred to as half and half as a result of there’s half fats/ cream half milk (aka lactose sugar). A couple of tablespoons shouldn’t be greater than a pair grams of carbs, however it’s one thing to be aware of.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk- Coconut Milk can also be dairy free and is available in a wide range of types. You can discover it refrigerated, canned, and boxed on the common cabinets.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- Heavy cream is a keto staple. It’s excessive fats and low carb excellent for a great keto weight loss plan.
Any of those low carb milk choices will work in keto smoothie recipes or baked items. The greater the fats rely (ex. heavy cream) the creamier your drink might be.
A Dairy Free Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Love dairy but it surely doesn’t love you again? Don’t fear, as a result of this keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous simple to alter and modify primarily based in your weight loss plan preferences. We’ve used almond milk in addition to heavy cream within the base and located each to work nicely on this recipe. This is due to the avocado used which might make even the plainest unsweetened almond milk clean and creamy.
Other than the milk alternative this low carb keto strawberry smoothie is totally dairy free! If you probably did need additional sources of dairy free protein and fats you’ll be able to add:
- A High Quality Protein Powder– We often use zero carb animal primarily based protein powders, however you should utilize a low carb vegan choice.
- Coconut Oil– Adding a tablespoon or two of coconut oil is an effective way to bump up the fats on this recipe in case your are selecting to make use of almond milk as a substitute of excessive fats heavy cream
- Coconut Cream– Canned coconut cream is one other scrumptious excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie if almond milk is slightly too skinny for you.
Everyone loves simple keto recipes and smoothies definitely match the invoice. We by no means need anybody to really feel like they will’t get pleasure from a keto recipe simply because they’re dairy free. Enjoy this scrumptious keto strawberry smoothie recipe with our record of dairy free additions and substitutions.
High Fat Variations
If you’re trying to up the fats on this keto strawberry smoothie, be happy to attempt a few of our favourite low carb smoothie additions:
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese makes a scrumptious excessive fats choice for all of your sugar free keto smoothie recipes. It’s gluten free, has nice diet details for keto, and tastes like strawberry cheesecake once you put the substances in a blender.
- Coconut Cream/ Unsweetened Coconut Milk– Coconut cream or coconut milk works nice as a excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie. They received’t cowl the strawberry taste, however will add slightly little bit of coconut taste for a extra tropical keto pleasant drink.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy cream makes scrumptious keto strawberry smoothies that style virtually like ice cream milkshakes. Unlike unsweetened coconut milk, cream is thick and opulent. It makes a brilliant clean and wealthy drink to get pleasure from as a keto breakfast, or attempt including a little bit of whipped cream on prime for a sugar free ice cream shake dessert.
- Nut Butters- While this keto strawberry smoothie does have almond butter, the quantity per serving isn’t big and will positively be bumped up. Add a hefty serving measurement of nut butter to your strawberry smoothies once you make this recipe as a meal substitute. It will add each fats and protein that can assist you keep full.
These are only a few excessive fats variations, however there are tons extra choices you’ll be able to attempt. Smoothies are simple to make and tremendous customizable which means you’ll be able to add no matter new substances and flavors you feel that day.
How to Make a Keto Strawberry Smoothie
The solely piece of kit you will have for this keto smoothie recipe is a excessive energy blender. The two hottest blenders are the Vitamix and Ninja Blender. Personally, we’ve the Vitamix and like it for keto smoothie recipes as a result of it does a great job breaking up all of the ice cubes.
To make a strawberry smoothie keto you will have a sugar free sweetener (we used erythritol), low carb almond milk, avocado, almond butter, ice cubes, and frozen strawberries. That’s it! This keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous fast and simple to make so you’ll be able to seize it and exit the door in underneath 10 minutes.
Making a Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
To make this recipe merely mix all of the substances collectively in your blender till clean. Pour right into a cup and prime with any most well-liked additions. We love including toppings like: whipped cream, recent mint, chia seeds, or recent strawberries. You can even mix in additional chia seeds for added fiber and crunch.
More Keto Smoothie & Shake Recipes
If you tried this recipe and are coming again once more, take a look at one in all our different scrumptious smoothie recipes to toss into your rotation:
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie– This smoothie recipe solely takes about 5 minutes whole time to make. It’s wealthy, creamy, and tastes similar to a candy blueberry cheesecake.
- The 5 Best Keto Shakes– If a strawberry shake isn’t your vibe attempt one in all our different 5 greatest low carb smoothie shakes. We have all the things from refreshing lemon blueberry, to decadent and creamy tiramisu.
- Nutritious vs. Delicious Keto Smoothies– Whether you’re all about having the very best tasting smoothie, or probably the most nutritious keto smoothie; we’ve obtained you lined. Our greens shake is bound to cowl all of your micronutrients on a keto weight loss plan. And our scrumptious shake then again is bound to cowl all these cravings!
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
With such low web carbs per serving you don’t have any excuse to not whip up this straightforward but scrumptious smoothie recipe. It works amazingly with each frozen strawberries and recent berries, as a result of the added avocado will make this low carb recipe clean both manner. We’re certain this keto strawberry smoothie will change into a staple in your low carb weight loss plan as a result of its simplicity and velocity.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Make this simple keto strawberry smoothie with simply 5 substances. Your keto meals not should be heavy and dense with this mild and recent smoothie recipe.
Total Time three minutes
Calories per serving 507kcal
Prep Time: three minutes
Cook Time: zero minutes
Add the avocado, almond butter, frozen strawberries, heavy cream, sweetener and ice cubes to a blender.
Blend on excessive velocity for 20-40 seconds or till the substances are evenly blended. Serve and revel in.
To use stevia instead of erythritol as a sweetener add 10-15 drops of liquid stevia.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 605IU12%
Vitamin C 95mg115%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.