Sweet, fluffy, and light-weight excessive protein pancakes make the right low carb breakfast for a sluggish Sunday morning.
Is Protein Powder Keto?
Not all protein powders are created equal, nonetheless there are tons of protein powders in the marketplace now which have nice keto macros. There are just a few elements to keep away from in any protein powder although, so be diligent to select a top quality one which offers you a nutrient dense meal. How to select a protein powder:
- Start with an animal primarily based protein powder– Protein pancakes work finest with a whey protein over a casein protein, and far a lot better than a plant protein. Plant primarily based proteins are inclined to crumble and make for a dry onerous pancake.
- Avoid low high quality sweeteners– Most protein powders in the marketplace will both have a ton of sugar, or synthetic sweeteners. If doable keep away from sweeteners like sucralose, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium. Instead, strive some with stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit.
- Check the macros– This one sounds self explanatory, however you’ll be stunned simply what number of occasions we’ve assumed as a result of one thing says keto, it’s keto. This isn’t all the time the case with protein powders that can sneak in low cost fibers, maltitol, hidden carbs, ect. Your finest wager is to learn the diet labels and verify the macros on every thing.
Obviously it may be very troublesome to search out a top quality protein powder that meets these requirements, so simply attempt to discover one thing that covers just a few of those details; a very powerful being carb depend.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Our Favorite Proteins
It may be very difficult to search out proteins that verify all our packing containers, so simply do the most effective you’ll be able to with what’s obtainable! You may even strive completely different proteins like chocolate protein, vanilla protein powder, or cinnamon protein powder for additional taste.
- Isopure Vanilla Whey Protein Powder– Isopure has been round for some time and is certainlly widespread in the keto neighborhood. It makes for a scrumptious pancake recipe and is tremendous inexpensive.
- Quest Protein Powder– Quest is a brilliant widespread firm and for good purpose. They have the most effective tasting merchandise by far when in comparison with every other model. We suggest their cinnamon crunch or vanilla protein for this recipe, they have a tendency to make the most effective protein pancakes.
- Collagen + Whey Protein– This protein powder is full of each collagen and whey for an awesome excessive protein mix. It works nice for shakes and pancake recipes as a result of there’s a mix of top of the range sweeteners like allulose and stevia.
- PEScience Select– An awesome protein powder for a number of recipes together with mug truffles. This protein makes mild and fluffy protein pancakes, in addition to having 24 grams of protein a scoop.
These are only a few of our favorites, however be happy to do some digging in order to search out your excellent keto protein powder.
Perfect Protein Pancake Additions
You can’t simply eat plain protein pancakes! Even although this can be the right protein pancake recipe everybody is aware of pancakes want a aspect kick!
We compiled all our favourite sugar free keto pleasant pancake toppings so we may create the most effective record on the market!
The form of protein received’t matter for this record, however your favourite mix-ins will! Here are our favourite keto pleasant protein pancake mix-ins:
- Blueberries– Blueberries are a traditional diner pancake mix-in and are positive to make any pancake lover joyful. They turn into heat, jammy, and candy pairing; completely with the vanilla flavoring.
- Chocolate Chips– Just as a result of you make mild fluffy keto protein pancakes doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t even have sugar free chocolate chips. Lily’s makes nice sugar free keto pleasant chocolate chips that received’t spike your blood sugar.
- Citrus Zest– Try zesting your favourite citrus fruits for a lightweight and poppy breakfast stack. We love including lemon zest and poppy seeds to protein pancakes, or cinnamon and orange zest for a fall pancake theme.
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes– Sprinkle brown sugar swerve and cinnamon on prime of your keto protein pancakes after which prime the completed protein pancakes with cream cheese
- Peanut Butter– Try including peanut butter or peanut butter powder to those protein pancakes for the last word peanut butter lovers pancake.
- Whey Protein Powder– This isn’t actually a mix-in a lot as an ingredient, however switching up the flavour of your whey protein powder can actually make for a extra attention-grabbing meal. Try to make protein pancakes with chocolate protein or cookies and cream, you’d be suprised simply how a lot taste it provides.
Spices & Flavorings
Spices and flavorings are undoubtedly underrated relating to making pancakes. Banana protein pancakes? Try banana extract. Keto pleasant maple syrup pancakes? Maple extract. Some of our favourite spices and flavors are:
- Cinnamon– Super versatile as a result of it really works nice in carrot cake pancakes, cinnamon pancakes, and cinnamon roll truffles.
- Nutmeg– Another traditional fall spice that basically spices up breakfast
- Vanilla extract– While chances are you’ll already be utilizing vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract can also be an awesome addition to convey out the flavour in pancakes.
- Zests– Like we stated above any form of citrus zest is ideal to brighten up the protein powder’s taste.
Get inventive and take a look at a ton of various extracts. They are low carb and low sugar that means you will get a ton of taste in a single serving. They permit your to make issues like banana protein pancakes with none precise bananas, aka keto pleasant.
Toppings are actually particular person, however there are just a few classics we will certainly embrace. I’ll strive to not do any repeats so remember to verify the mix-ins part too.
- Berries– Topping protein powder pancakes with just a few berries is a good low sugar method to convey sweetness and taste.
- Nut Butters– Any nut butter you want works excellent. We love peanut butter, almond butter, blended nut butters, or sunflower butter for these with allergic reactions.
- Chocolate Shavings– There are fairly just a few keto chocolate bars on the market now, however you too can simply use 100% Bakers chocolate for a richer darker taste.
- Whipped Cream– Obviously a traditional, whipped cream may be retailer purchased or do-it-yourself. We all the time suggest do-it-yourself, however if you happen to don’t have time attempt to discover a decrease sugar choice from the shop.
- Keto Chocolate Spread– Are you a nutella lover? Try the chocolate unfold from Lakanto made with actual chocolate and monkfruit.
- Greek Yogurt– Low sugar greek yogurt could make an awesome choice to prime protein powder pancakes if you happen to discover they’re on the drier aspect. Greek yogurt additionally comes in many flavors so you’ll be able to even boost the pancakes taste profile together with it.
Get loopy along with your toppings as a result of everybody is aware of pancakes are only a boat for extras. If vanilla whey is just a bit too, properly vanilla whey, it doesn’t damage to spice it up!
All About Maple Syrup
If you thought we forgot about maple syrup among the many different toppings to those mild fluffy protein powder pancakes suppose once more! There are tons of maple syrup choices our there, however just like the protein there are completely different syrup qualities.
Try to search out maple syrups that use keto sweeteners like erythritol, stevia, allulose, or monk fruit. Ones which are sweetened with sucralose, or worse Maltitol can are inclined to upset stomachs. Our favorites are:
- Livlo Syrup– Sweetened with allulose and only a few elements
- Lakanto Syrup– This is likely one of the unique keto syrups and is all the time an awesome low sugar choice.
- ChocZero– Another maple syrup model that’s been round for some time. They have numerous flavors so you’ll be able to diversify your palate and pair them with contemporary fruit.
- Birch Benders– Made with monk fruit this syrup is gluten free and sugar free.
If you aren’t a syrup particular person you’ll be able to all the time simply get pleasure from butter or sugar free jam. The better part about this recipe is simply how versatile it’s.
How to Make Protein Pancakes
Now that you already know simply what number of grams of protein and superior mix-ins you’ll be able to add it’s time to get cooking.
To make protein pancakes you’ll need protein powder, eggs (not egg whites), unsweetened almond milk, salt, and baking powder.
We don’t suggest utilizing solely egg whites as they will make for a dry pancake. If you wish to use egg whites chances are you’ll want so as to add additional fats reminiscent of butter or coconut oil.
Make positive your almond milk is unsweetened so that you aren’t consuming extra sugar and carbs.
Making Protein Pancakes
To make this pancake recipe whisk collectively the egg and milk in a bowl.
Next add your protein powder of alternative, baking powder, and salt. You wish to whisk properly to verify there aren’t any remaining lumps. Blenders additionally work, however strive to not over combine the batter. Nows the time to additionally add in any desired mix-ins.
Spray your skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium warmth. Using a 1/Four measuring cup pour your batter into the skillet. Cook for 30-45 seconds, or till the batter begins to bubble.
Flip and prepare dinner the pancakes on the opposite aspect for 20 seconds. Transfer to a plate as soon as cooked, our pancakes made Four-5 on common. Top as desired with syrup, butter, chocolate, fruit, ect..
Storing this Protein Pancake Recipe
We ALWAYS suggest making a double batch of every thing. 90% of the time you’ll love a recipe and want you had extra so simply do your self a favor and plan forward!
This recipe is fast to make and shops properly so you’ll be able to even meal prep for the week. Just ensure you meal prep the toppings too!
If you wish to retailer this recipe in the fridge make certain all of the pancakes have throughly cooled. Then place leftovers into an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 5 days. After 5 days they will begin to get dry which nobody needs!
To freeze the pancakes made earlier once more start by permitting them to totally cool. Next place your pancakes in a zipper prime bag with a sheet of parchment paper in between every layer. Freeze on a flat floor (like a cookie sheet) till absolutely frozen.
Steps to Reheat
If reheating from the fridge merely pop the pancakes onto a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
For frozen instructions you’ll be able to both defrost the pancakes in the fridge after which microwave them, or reheat instantly from the freezer. To do that place your pancakes on a plate with area in between and microwave in 30 second intervals, flipping them after 30 seconds till warmed all through.
What to Serve With Protein Pancakes
Need some tasty aspect dish concepts on your Sunday brunch? Try our:
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon– This bacon is crispy and salty, the most effective half? It takes simply 10 minutes to make!
- Keto Egg Bites– Starbucks who? Our egg bites are easy, nutritious, and tremendous customizable.
- Keto Breakfast Coffee– You’ll want one thing to drink along with your pancakes so why not a wholesome dose of fats to pair with this excessive protein meal!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Pancakes are nice, however you shouldn’t stay on simply them alone! Here are a few of our different favourite breakfast recipes:
- Low Carb Banana Bread– Who says banana bread isn’t a breakfast meals? It’s scrumptious, wholesome, and tremendous straightforward to tackle the go. Plus, this recipe is full of tons of taste however no sugar!
- Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwiches– Another straightforward on the go breakfast is bacon, egg, and cheese sammies. They are excessive protein, excessive fats, and tremendous scrumptious.
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Pancakes– Incase you didn’t get sufficient pancakes strive our keto pumpkin pancake recipe. They are nice alone or with syrup and whipped cream.
There’s nothing higher than scrumptious fluffy pancakes to start out off your morning. Enjoy this easy protein pancakes recipe any day of the week as a fast and nutritious low carb meal.
Don’t neglect to get inventive with the mix-ins and toppings. You can attempt to make banana protein pancakes with extracts or prime them with greek yogurt and peanut butter, the probabilities are countless!
Sweet, fluffy, and light-weight excessive protein pancakes make the right low carb breakfast for a sluggish Sunday morning.
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories per serving 193kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
In a bowl, whisk collectively the egg and a pair of tbsp of almond milk.
Add the protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
Whisk properly till no lumps stay. You can use a blender if the lumps are persistent. Add the third tbsp of almond milk to regulate the consistency if essential.
Spray a non-stick pan with oil, and place over medium warmth.
Use a cookie scoop (or ¼ measuring cup) to pour out the batter into the skillet. Cook for 30-45 seconds or till bubbles begin to seem on the highest.
Flip the pancakes, and let prepare dinner for one more 20 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
Arrange the pancakes on prime of one another, and serve along with your toppings of alternative such as- butter, sugar free syrup, chocolate chips, and many others..
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 270IU5%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.