Tuna salad is the right simple meal, and this recipe simply obtained an entire lot simpler utilizing solely 5 ingredients!
If you need to make keto tuna salad low carb it’s important to do that tremendous easy recipe. All that you must make this keto tuna salad recipe is canned tuna, mayo, inexperienced onion, pickle, and lemon juice. If you’re feeling further fancy you may even spice it up with paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Low carb tuna salad is ideal for even the laziest keto food regimen. Anyone could make it and have their prime quality dinner accomplished in 5 minutes.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Is Mayo Keto?
Technically, all mayos are okay on a keto food regimen as a result of they’ve low carb macros. However, most traditional mayos will use low high quality, excessive inflammatory oils.
Examples of those oils could be vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola oil, and soybean oil. Instead seek for mayo that’s made with olive oil or avocado oil. Olive oil mayos could be a little costlier, however they’re nicely value the fee to keep away from any further irritation.
Some of our favourite manufacturers to purchase mayo from for keto tuna salad are:
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo– Avocado oil is a top quality product that’s virtually flavorless, making it a fantastic addition to any recipe.
- Primal Kitchen Duo Mayos– This pack provides you double the deliciousness with a daily mayo and a low carb pesto mayo. Pesto mayo would add one other degree of taste to this simple keto tuna salad recipe.
- Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo– Another prime quality low carb mayo that is a bit more inexpensive when in comparison with different choices. It’s zero carb and sugar free, excellent for a wholesome keto food regimen.
- Chosen Foods Mayo– The last prime quality mayo alternative on the market. It has good high quality ingredients which are sourced from high quality avocados. The finest combo to make this recipe low carb and excessive fats.
These are all nice mayo choices to make use of in a wide range of keto recipes. They will work in all the things from keto tuna salad recipes to casseroles and keto sandwiches.
Olive Oil or Avocado Oil Mayo
Above we did say that you should utilize avocado oil or olive oil in low carb mayo. The solely cause most choices above had been avocado oil is as a result of it’s troublesome to discover a clear olive oil mayo. Most firms are reducing their mayo with low cost oils to decrease the fee, therefore why avocado oil manufacturers are so costly.
So, both shall be nice it’s only a matter of discovering a model that isn’t reducing their prime quality oil with an affordable cheaper choice.
What to Add to Your Keto Tuna Salad
Need a superb keto meal however are uninterested in not having customizable choices for scrumptious recipes? Our keto tuna salad is low in web carbs, scrumptious, and 100% customizable to suit your likes and dislikes.
We’ve compiled an inventory of all our favourite spices, ingredients, and tuna salad meal concepts to make your meal prep tremendous simple.
Everyone is aware of behind every good dish there may be salt/pepper to style, however do you know you may boost the identical base and switch it into 100’s of various taste profiles?
We love enjoying round with spices as soon as we now have the tuna salad base to create a wide range of new tasting meals. Some of our favourite spices to make use of are:
- Curry Powder– Make a scrumptious curried tuna salad with sugar free cranberries and curry powder.
- Salt and Pepper- This is an apparent basic, however don’t be afraid to actually salt and pepper to style.
- Paprika– Like just a little spice? Paprika is the right little spicy little smokey ingredient to deck out your tuna salad.
- Thyme– Thyme will make for a extra herby tuna salad that’s mild and poppy.
- Basil– Similar to thyme basil brings in an nearly Italian taste that pairs very well when making keto tuna salad low carb however flavorful.
Don’t be afraid to actually get inventive along with your flavors and spices, these are simply a few of our go to’s. If you attempt any new combos make sure to tell us down beneath!
Vegetables + More
When what ingredients so as to add to keto tuna salad your choices are fairly limitless. You can chuck in your favourite ingredients, or observe an entire theme to make a nicely rounded fancy keto tuna salad. Some of our favorites are:
- Diced Celery– This is by far my favourite combine in to any keto tuna salad recipe. It’s tremendous refreshing and tremendous crunchy for a pleasant mix of textures.
- Bell Pepper– Finely dicing bell pepper provides you an analogous crunch to celery with out as a lot fiber, which can be simpler on some individuals’s abdomen. Green peppers would be the most keto pleasant, however when you use a small serving measurement any bell pepper ought to work.
- Red onion– Red onion or just about any onion provides a number of scrumptious taste and crunch to keto tuna salad.
- Boiled Eggs– Boiled Eggs blended into keto tuna salad provides further protein and makes for a egg salad tuna salad hybrid
Thanks to this recipes’ minimal prep time you may have scrumptious tuna salad accomplished in minutes to get pleasure from all week. Start customizing and create your excellent dish.
Make It Into a Meal
This keto tuna salad recipe molds completely into a top quality meal by including just a few further ingredients. Some of our favourite meal themes are:
- Greek Tuna Salad– Follow this base recipe minus the pickle after which add in pink onion, feta, kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes.
- Mexican Tuna Salad– Use this base minus the pickle and add chili lime or tajin seasoning, avocado chunks, cojita cheese, and just a little cilantro.
- Tuna Melt Salad– Follow this keto tuna salad, however make certain to make use of tuna in olive oil or water. Then finely cube the pickle and a few white onion. Press your tuna salad down flat right into a bowl when completed and high with plenty of cheddar cheese. Microwave till cheese is melted and gooey.
You can all the time make the bottom low carb tuna salad keto after which meal prep to be able to add in toppings and customise it later.
How to Make Keto Tuna Salad
Now that we’ve talked about the right way to safe the very best low carb tuna salad/ keto choice it’s time to get to prepping.
Ingredients You Need
We are in a position to maintain this recipe 1 gram of web carbs in contrast to most salad recipes as a result of we use primarily protein and fats. The solely carbs come from the pickle and onion.
For this recipe you have to, tuna, mayo, inexperienced onion, pickle, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to style. We use tuna fish canned in water, however you can even use the kind packed in olive oil.
Chop Ingredients To Uniform Size
It’s time to make the right keto food regimen lunch that’s low in carbs and sugar, however nonetheless tremendous tasty.
To make this scrumptious recipe start by chopping the inexperienced onion and pickle right into a nice cube. Then switch to a bowl.
To the bowl add your two cans of drained tuna together with the mayo and lemon juice. Now’s the time so as to add any further ingredients you need like celery or avocado (see weblog publish for concepts).
Mix all the things nicely with a fork and add salt and pepper if desired.
You can get pleasure from this tasty recipe alone or with a few of the topping choices beneath.
Serve It Up With Keto Friendly Dippers
Low carb tuna salad might be served a wide range of other ways relying on how fast and simple you need serving to be. Some tasty lunch concepts to serve this scrumptious tuna salad are:
- Lettuce cups– The basic keto food regimen serving boat.
- Pork Rinds– This is my favourite as a result of it provides a pleasant mild crunch to a creamy meal. Plus it’s simple to make since you don’t even must “make” something!
- Keto Crackers– We have an entire blogpost speaking all about keto crackers, our favorites and authentic recipes. They are simple to make and add an additional salty ingredient.
- Cucumber and Celery– These are essentially the most refreshing by far. They are stuffed with water which makes them mild and hydrating.
- Bell Pepper– Slicing up bell pepper into 1″ cracker sized items makes for a fantastic low carb tuna boat.
All of those are nice low carb serving choices when you make this recipe. They are nice for a keto food regimen and have a minimal quantity of prep work.
Can I Eat Canned Tuna on a Keto Diet?
Canned tuna is ideal for a keto food regimen. While there may be nothing particular to a keto food regimen that that you must fear about, there are some bigger considerations with consuming canned tuna in extra. Canned tuna accommodates mercury, which might be problematic in excessive quantities. Another concern is the can itself, which tends to comprise excessive ranges of BPA.
What Kind of Tuna for Keto Tuna Salad?
What sort of tuna you utilize for this recipe comes down to non-public choice. The two main varieties you’ll discover on the grocery retailer are albacore tuna and skipjack tuna. Many individuals choose albacore tuna, however I personally get pleasure from both sort within the keto tuna salad recipe.
Can You Freeze Keto Tuna Salad?
No, it’s not really helpful to freeze keto tuna salad. Mayo will lose it’s texture and taste when frozen. This recipe needs to be made to order or refrigerated for 1-2 days.
More Easy Meal Ideas
We’re all about tremendous simple recipes, and we all know you might be too. That’s why the keto recipes on KetoJoin are easy and nutritious. No one ought to must pay an arm and a leg to eat wholesome, or battle to know what to make use of.
Some of our favourite easy meal concepts are:
- Keto Caesar Dressing– Keto Salad topped with this caesar dressing and meal prepped rooster is a superb simple meal concept that’s excessive protein and excessive fats to maintain you full after lunch.
- Chicken Crust Pizza– All you want for this recipe is a big bowl for mixing and a baking sheet to cook dinner with. These pizza is zero carb, gluten free, tacky, and tremendous duper scrumptious!
- Easy Air Fryer Meatballs– Meatballs make a fantastic lunch or dinner, plus retailer very well in an hermetic container as meal prep. Top them with low carb sauce and parmesan for a filling Italian meal made keto.
Whether you’re getting ready a fast lunch or fancy weekend dinner, these tasty recipes are positive to impress. We know our low carb tuna salad won’t ever allow you to down, nevertheless it’s all the time good to have a pair choices!
Easy Keto Tuna Salad
Now that you understand how to make this straightforward keto tuna salad recipe it’s positive to pop into your weekly rotation. It’s the right recipe to prep the night time earlier than, or within the morning earlier than work. Taking underneath ten minutes to organize you may have this meal anytime of the day!
The better part is that you already know you’re consuming prime quality ingredients to assist struggle irritation. Who knew a easy keto tuna salad recipe may very well be so wealthy in fats, protein, and general diet!
Keto Tuna Salad
This is a straightforward keto tuna salad recipe that’s wealthy in fats, protein, and general diet!
Total Time 5 minutes
Calories per serving 146kcal
On a reducing board, finely chop the inexperienced onion and pickle, switch them to a bowl.
Open the tuna cans, and drain them of extra oil. Add the tuna to the bowl, together with the mayo and lemon juice.
Mix nicely utilizing a fork. Add salt and pepper if desired.
You can eat it by itself, or serve it in lettuce cups.
Keto Tuna Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.