I’m all the time on the lookout for vegan, keto-friendly snacks to get pleasure from from the consolation of my sofa whereas watching TV. I additionally actually wish to drizzle nut butters on high of good cream and over berries with coconut cream (so, so good). So, after realizing that purchasing my very own keto-friendly nut butters perpetually was going so as to add up over time, I made a decision to attempt to make my very own model. It’s not an ideal match, but it surely undoubtedly comes shut. The macros of the industrial model are a bit higher, and the style is a bit richer, however this isn’t too unhealthy for a little bit of a price range model!
Note:This publish is under no circumstances sponsored by anybody, however a few of these hyperlinks could also be affiliate hyperlinks. So at no further price to you, you may assist assist the positioning in the event you select to buy something. 🙂
I like consuming nut butters by themselves as a snack, and this one is not any exception. It’s truly loosely based mostly on this keto nut butter from Perfect Keto that I attempted and completely fell in love with. But, I can’t justify shopping for it on a regular basis, so I restrict myself to getting it for once I’m touring as an emergency snack that’s moveable and assured keto-friendly.
To make our personal DIY keto nut butter, you actually don’t want many substances or instruments. For instruments, you’ll simply need a high-speed blender or meals processor. For substances, get to your kitchen and collect the next:
- macadamia nuts
- dried coconut
- MCT Oil
- salt (elective, if not utilizing salted nuts)
It’s tremendous easy, however this specific mix is simply so scrumptious. It’s undoubtedly a type of, “greater than the sum of its parts” eventualities.
Notes on Making Easy Keto Nut Butter
- You might substitute no matter nuts or seeds you need for both the cashews or macadamia nuts, however since this recipe goals to be a little bit of a copycat of one other, it received’t be the identical as the unique!
- This is liquid at room temp, however turns into thick within the fridge, particularly if utilizing coconut oil instead of the MCT.
- To make this low-FODMAP, merely substitute the cashews with further macadamia nuts!
- You might use both uncooked nuts or salted and roasted. They’ll yield barely totally different tastes and textures, so it actually comes all the way down to your choice. I often use roasted, salted macadamia nuts and uncooked cashews as a result of these are what I usually have readily available in my home.
- If you’re utilizing roasted and salted nuts, you doubtless received’t want so as to add any extra salt!
- While I attempt to supply correct dietary info, sure manufacturers and forms of ingredient could have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations could fluctuate.
Specific Brands Used In Making Easy Keto Nut Butter
I get a whole lot of questions on which particular manufacturers I have a tendency to make use of, so I believed I’d checklist them out right here! I’ve been shopping for fundamentals like shredded coconut and nuts from Thrive Market currently as a result of I’ve discovered it’s truly way more cost-effective than any of my native grocery shops for a lot of issues. I’m additionally a sucker for samples and presents, they usually throw in a free present of your selecting and a pattern of your selecting with every order, which is enjoyable.
Smooth and scrumptious, I eat the keto-friendly, low-carb nut butter straight out of the jar as a snack!
- 200g macadamia nuts
- 100g cashews
- 50g dried coconut flakes or shreds (dessicated coconut)
- 60ml (56g) MCT oil
- 1/four tsp salt (if utilizing unsalted nuts)
- In a meals processor or high-speed blender, course of all substances till clean. If utilizing a blender, I like to begin on low, after which slowly flip up the pace to medium-high over 30 seconds. Process on medium-high for an additional 30ish seconds, till the specified consistency is reached.