It at all times appeared like oatmeal cookies have been the final picked, and we don’t know why. Maybe it’s the stiff oats or these pesky raisins, however both method we all know these Keto Oatmeal Cookies are going to be one of the best model of an oatmeal cookie you’ll ever eat! They’re grain free, gluten free, AND sugar free oatmeal cookies.
Is Oatmeal Keto?
Unfortunately oatmeal is NOT keto. Most oats will not be even gluten free as a result of they’re processed in the identical facility as wheat, which suggests bits of flour might find yourself on them. Per 100 grams of oats there are 389 energy, 66 carbs, 10 grams of fiber (56Net), 6.9 grams of fats, and 16.9 grams of protein. A low carb weight-reduction plan could have as much as 60 grams of whole carbs, however 56 grams of internet carbs in a single meal actually received’t match on a keto weight-reduction plan.
How to Make Keto Oatmeal Cookies Oat-less
These low carb cookies style like oatmeal cookies you bear in mind rising up. However, as a way to make them really “oat-less” there’ll have to be a couple of substitutions. When developing with these substitutions to make oatmeal cookies low carb, we knew there can be a couple of issues to think about.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals checklist and new recipes each week!
- The elements have to be gluten free- Not solely is a gluten free weight-reduction plan higher for digestion, however it is usually higher for irritation and arthritis(1).
- It will need to have that chewy texture that oats carry to an oatmeal raisin cookie.
- Finally the cookie wants a little bit of crunch to imitate the oats on prime that get crispy in conventional oatmeal cookies.
In this recipe we determined to make use of two foremost elements that comprise these important textures as soon as baked.
Coconut flakes turn out to be very chewy when baked, as a result of they soak up a number of the liquid. This makes them an amazing candidate for sugar free oatmeal cookies. They will present that chewy dense texture inside, with out all of the carbs.
Per 1 cup of unsweetened coconut it’s solely: 283 energy, 10 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fiber (three Net Carbs), three grams of Protein, and 27 grams of fats. These sugar free oatmeal cookies will solely use half a cup for the entire recipe.
This keto oatmeal cookies recipe makes use of each almond flour and slivered/ sliced almonds. Almond flour makes these oatmeal cookies low carb, and slivered almonds present a slight crunch. This delicate crunch mimics that of toasted oats.
Sliced almonds are necessary to verify the crunch is delicate and skinny, so it doesn’t really feel like biting into an entire almond. Both almonds and almond flour are wealthy in fiber. They have additionally been proven to have a plethora of additional vitamins resembling vitamin E, which can assist to forestall coronary heart illness in chubby people (2).
These two elements are what work collectively to make the carbs per cookie four whole, or the online carbs per cookie simply 2! With such low carbs, the following time you make these cookies you’ll simply need to eat two…
How to Make Oatmeal Cookies Without Sugar
There are a couple of methods to make oatmeal cookies on a low carb weight-reduction plan which can be fully sugar free. The most necessary factor is that you simply decide a low carb sweetener. For extra info on keto sweeteners try our weblog submit all in regards to the Best Sugar Substitutions on Keto.
Picking a Keto Sweetener
There are a couple of mainstream keto sweeteners that we use in keto cookie recipes.
- Erythritol– This goes to be probably the most reasonably priced sugar free sweeteners that’s nonetheless prime quality. It is rather less candy than sugar, however there are manufacturers resembling Swerve that make a 1:1 alternative with erythritol.
- Stevia– Liquid stevia is the opposite sugar free sweetener you will notice us use most frequently. It supplies a extremely concentrated candy drop that isn’t a sugar alcohol. We advocate you employ it together with erythritol in keto recipes.
- Allulose– Allulose is the brand new child on the block in keto recipes. It is rather less candy than sugar, however has no influence on the physique’s blood glucose which is its foremost promoting level. It is a bit more costly than the others, and likewise makes softer keto cookie recipes than the others. Those are all elements to remember when deciding if allulose is best for you.
- Brown Sugar Swerve– If you’re in search of a keto brown sugar to make your low carb cookie style like the unique, this will probably be your finest guess. Brown Sugar Swerve is 100% keto and helps to make it style like the unique oatmeal cookie recipe you bear in mind.
Depending on the sweetener you employ you could want so as to add slightly extra or rather less to get the precise sweetness ratios. Check out our sweeteners information to seek out the right ratio for you.
Don’t be afraid so as to add slightly additional sweetener too if you happen to discover you want a sweeter oatmeal cookie. We take pleasure in mixing some stevia and a few brown sugar substitute in these cookies for a candy and chewy cookie recipe.
Are Raisins Keto?
Raisins are the dried type of grapes. Grapes are one in all the highest sugar fruits and needs to be averted on a keto weight-reduction plan for his or her excessive carb rely. If you like oatmeal raisin cookies you’ll be able to add a tablespoon that you simply’ve chopped up into the batter, nevertheless it’s so few raisins that the flavour and texture actually received’t come by means of.
If you’re a raisin fanatic concern not, we’ve a couple of extra mix-in choices that you could attempt to curb these cravings. We even have one dried fruit choice so there’s nonetheless a chewy fruit texture contained in the recipe.
The Best Keto Oatmeal Cookie Mix-ins
Oatmeal raisin cookies are normally fashionable as a result of chewy dried fruit texture and sweetness. However raisins as mentioned will not be low carb/ keto pleasant. If you like an oatmeal cookie with extra mix-ins although, we’ve acquired you coated. Some of our favourite add-ins are:
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- Lily’s makes stevia and erythritol sweetened chocolate chips which can be each nutritious and scrumptious. There are many low carb/ keto sugar free chocolate chips available on the market now, however Lily’s will at all times be our tried and true favourite.
- Sugar Free Dried Cranberries– These are an amazing low carb alternative for raisins if you happen to love the standard oatmeal raisin cookie. They are positively bitter alone, however combined into these cookies the bitterness is effectively balanced.
- Toasted Pecans and Cinnamon– Toasting some chopped pecans in a pan and mixing them into the dough together with a 1/four tsp of cinnamon actually elevates this recipe. It brings warming flavors that make it the right vacation cookie, whereas nonetheless preserving it low carb.
Now you realize some extra mix-ins which can be low in internet carbs and nonetheless fulfill that oatmeal raisin cookie taste. Sugar free oatmeal cookies want sugar free/ low carb elements to make the very best deal with.
Coconut Oil vs. Butter
We get requested so much if butter might be subbed for coconut oil. The reply is sure, coconut oil can be utilized rather than butter. However coconut oil does have a unique taste profile and should lose a number of the authenticity of this recipe. The different factor to notice is that coconut oil has a decrease melting level so it could make the low carb cookies unfold out extra. If you employ coconut oil ensure to refrigerate the dough forward of time earlier than baking, that method the coconut oil has extra time to set.
If you need a recipe that’s dairy free and butter free attempt our:
- Keto No Bake Cookies– This recipe has a nut butter and chocolate base stuffed to the brim with mix-ins. Simply swap the butter for 1/four cup of coconut oil and the recipe is 100% dairy free and vegan
- Keto Coconut Cake– Again simply swap the butter for coconut oil and you’ve got the right fluffy keto coconut cake.
- Fudgy Keto Brownies– This additional simple brownie recipe is tremendous chocolaty whereas nonetheless being sugar free. Substitute coconut oil for the butter and these brownies can simply be made dairy free. If you’re feeling adventurous you’ll be able to even add a swirl of peanut butter on prime for a candy and salty deal with!
Dairy free foodies rejoice! Trust us, there’s at all times the right recipe simply ready for you on our weblog.
Thick and Chewy Low Carb Oatmeal Cookies
There are two kinds of oatmeal cookie lovers. Those who just like the thick and chewy oatmeal cookies, and those that choose a skinny and crispy oatmeal cookie. This almond flour oatmeal cookie recipe focuses extra in the direction of those that like a barely fluffy and thick cookie. This is as a result of the butter and egg is room temperature so it doesn’t unfold as a lot. Plus the coconut flour helps to present our sugar free oatmeal cookies extra construction. If you’ll moderately have a skinny and crispy cookie, try the steps under.
Creating a Crispy Cookie
There are a couple of methods you’ll be able to alter the recipe to make the cookies thinner and crispier. I wouldn’t fiddle an excessive amount of with the elements. In this case it’s higher to fiddle with the temperatures of them.
The first step to creating a skinny cookie is having the butter melted moderately than room temperature. This means the cookie will unfold a bit extra as a result of the butter has already handed its melting level. The egg ought to comply with an analogous course of. Make positive the egg is room temperature and NOT in any respect chilly for extra of a cookie unfold.
Flatten Your Cookies
We love thick oatmeal cookies, however if you would like a thinner cookie you could have to unfold the dough a bit earlier than hand.That simply means earlier than tossing the cookies into the oven, attempt urgent down on them a bit with two fingers to assist them unfold.
The Browner the Better
Browned almond flour cookies imply crispier low carb oatmeal cookies. The longer you permit them within the oven (with out burning them in fact), the crispier they’ll be. Another tip is to show off the oven with the cookies nonetheless inside and the oven door propped open. The scorching air will proceed to dry out the cookies as they cool.
How to Make Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies
Perfecting a low carb and gluten free recipe doesn’t need to be tough. A number of primary keto elements and this cookie recipe is off and operating.
Let’s speak elements for these low carb oatmeal cookies. We began with a base of almond flour and coconut flour. Coconut flour will bind the recipe which is especially almonds and almond flour because the bulking agent. We love almond flour baking as a result of we discover it makes a nutty cookie recipe that has additional depth in taste. Finally you’ll simply want your “oatmeal”, aka slivered almonds and shredded coconut. The final dry elements you want are: sugar free sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
For the moist elements you’ll want vanilla extract, liquid stevia, an egg (at room temperature), and butter (at room temperature). Don’t skip the vanilla extract on this recipe because it actually brings out the flavour on this cookie dough.
Making the Dough
You’ll want a meals processor to make this dough. Start by pulsing the slivered almonds and coconut flakes till the items are a couple of third the dimensions they have been initially. Remove the coconut and almond flakes, putting them apart in a separate bowl. Now add to the meals processor almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Pulse a couple of occasions, simply till the elements have had an opportunity to combine.
Once the dry elements are combined, start including within the moist elements. Pour within the vanilla, stevia, and egg, pulsing till mixed. Next chop in chunks of butter and pulse once more till simply mixed.
Now combine again within the coconut and almonds, reserving some to prime of cookies as ornament. You can pulse it a couple of occasions till mixed. This can also be the time so as to add any desired mix-ins. If you need some chocolate chips, nuts, or an oatmeal “raisin” fashion cookie, now’s your probability! (see notes above for learn how to make low carb oatmeal “raisin” cookies.
Once all the things is combined, Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for at the very least 2 hours, or freeze it for 1 hour. When prepared, preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. We choose parchment paper as a result of it’s simple to scrub up.
When the oven is totally preheated, take away the dough from the fridge. Scoop tablespoon-sized items of cookie dough to create 12 even balls. We love utilizing a cookie scoop as a result of it makes them completely equal each time! Now place the cookie dough balls on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Make positive to flatten the balls slightly bit with the palm of your hand.
Bake for Eight-10 minutes till golden brown. You can flatten the cookies extra with the underside of a glass as soon as they arrive out of the oven. This will permit them to have a wider base, but additionally be put again within the oven as skinny cookies to turn out to be extra crispy.
If you’ve made cookies keto earlier than, you realize they could be a little finicky within the storage division. We prefer to retailer our cookies and dessert recipes within the fridge. Use an hermetic container and they need to final about 2 weeks sealed within the fridge.
Making Cookies Ahead of Time
We all have these days the place we simply need cookies NOW. Prepare for these days and make an enormous batch of this recipe. You’ll need to put together the dough per the recipe directions, after which freeze it. There are some things to remember when making cookie dough forward of time:
- Make positive all the things has been added to the dough. While almond and coconut toppings are stunning, freezing some on prime will not be the best choice. Sometimes items received’t at all times freeze and also you’ll find yourself loosing a variety of toppings in a zipper lock bag.
- Portion the dough. It is at all times higher to portion the dough balls first. If they aren’t portioned first, there’ll simply be one giant and tough to chop log. Something actually not splendid for “quick” cookies.
- Freeze the dough first. This means putting the portioned cookie dough balls on to a baking sheet and freezing it BEFORE stacking all of the frozen balls into a zipper lock bag.
- There will probably be an extended cook dinner time. These dough balls are coming from frozen, so ensure to maintain them within the oven for an additional jiffy. This ensures they’ve totally cooked within the middle.
If freezing the cookie dough is one thing you need to do, bear in mind these useful ideas to make sure your cookie dough freezes and bakes effectively each time.
More Keto Cookies
If making cookies keto is your jam, attempt one in all our different scrumptious cookie recipes:
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies– A brilliant simple keto peanut butter cookie made with simply three elements! Plus the prep time is simply 5 minutes so that you might be consuming cookies very quickly.
- Keto Nutter Butters– These are a copycat model of conventional nutter butters. Delicious peanut butter cookies on the skin of a selfmade peanut butter filling. A recipe positive to be made repeatedly.
- Keto Walnut Snowball Cookies– If you’ve tried this recipe earlier than you realize snowball cookies are good anytime of the 12 months! This gluten free keto deal with is straightforward to make, tastes scrumptious, and is ideal for staying on observe throughout the vacation season. Aka one of the best sugar free keto powerhouse.
We love an excellent dessert recipe, and these are a number of the most scrumptious keto cookies you’ll ever attempt!
Keto Oatmeal Cookies
These keto cookies style identical to conventional oatmeal cookies. If you wished to make oatmeal cookies keto this 12 months, that is positive to be one of the best recipe to do it. It is keto pleasant, and per cookie it’s solely 2 internet carbs.
If you’ve tried this recipe earlier than, the following time you make these cookies mess around with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal “raisin” cookies, and even simply additional nutty pecan oatmeal cookies. No matter which you select, we’re positive you’ll adore it. Maybe much more than the unique…
Keto Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy and fluffy “oatmeal” cookies. These keto cookies are excellent for satisfying that oatmeal cookie craving.
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings 12 Cookies
Calories per serving 130kcal
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Resting Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
In a meals processor add slivered almonds (and coconut flakes if utilizing). Pulse till almonds are about ⅓ of the unique dimension. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
Add almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and salt to the processor bowl. Pulse till mixed.
Once combined, add the vanilla, stevia, and egg, pulsing till mixed. Add chunks of butter and pulse till simply mixed.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the coconut/almond combination. Add the remainder of the coconut and almonds to the dough and blend till mixed.
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone liners.
Use a cookie scooper to type 12 balls on the lined baking sheet.
Flatten balls slightly bit with the palm of your hand. They will unfold barely when baked.
Bake for Eight-10 minutes till golden brown. You can flatten the cookies extra with the underside of a glass as soon as they arrive out of the oven if desired.
Keto Oatmeal Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 137IUthree%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.